Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hello, Tacoma!

September 6, 2014
Well I’ve landed in Tacoma, Washington. It only took a week and 1,200 miles of driving up the coast with my mama but I made it. My mom guys, was a trooper and this past week with her was truly a blessing! It takes a strong woman to put up with my insane music for countless hours at a time, let alone my driving and words cannot express how happy my heart was every step of the way. It was a trip of bonding and rest that we both so desperately needed, so PRAISE Jesus for the time we got to spend together.
I guess to simply say how I’m doing now well, I’m now terrified yet extremely excited. It was different thinking about committing a year during the summer. Maybe because I was already in Tacoma and it didn’t look much different than just staying longer. But since going home, visiting my friends and family; all my loved ones, the reality slowly approached me as the month passed on. I waivered here and there, unsure of the huge leap I was planning on taking, but regardless I knew in my heart I was going. It is not without shaking knees and weak ankles that I now take this jump.
Jump where? Well. The thing about the shore (my life) is you can become very complacent in your ways and routines. The shore has this allure that makes you okay with enough and makes you happy without knowing what more feels like. This summer as I edged away from the shoreline and into the water, safely on a nice boat of course (baby steps guys!), I got the taste of more. Now, desperate for everything that comes with more, I’m jumping head first off this boat and emerging myself completely.
Okay, okay, what is more? Why do you keep saying more? Well, more is the easiest way I can put a novels worth of my new wants and desires of my heart. More is growing in my faith, going deeper into my relationship with Jesus, and experiencing life in an entirely new way that was never known to me before. More is the aftermath of completely surrendering yourself to God and letting him take full control in every aspect of your life, and obeying Him! More is having no fear of the future, the unknown, the next mountain, none of it! More is getting the courage to jump, and actually doing it. (I hope that explains it a little!)
So now, here I am! Do I know what this entire jump entails, of course not! But I am praying that I can get a sneak peek soon enough. Friends, I now need to ask a huge favor of you. I need you to come along side me in prayer, because well your girl needs a lot of it. In completely uprooting my life and moving to Washington, my heart is missing home more than ever. Help pray for God’s amazing peace to overflow me. Also, I am still attending NAU online since I’m stubborn and want to finish school and graduate on time, so I need prayer for stress to remain far away from me and that I stay diligent in my studies and classes for both NAU and Catalyst Seminary. (I like to procrastinate!) Lastly, I now need to find a job up here to help pay for school and well living, so if you could lastly come along side me in praying for financial provision as well as landing a new job fast it would be greatly appreciated! I trust God will provide 100% and I am confident that all of these prayers will be heard and answered because I’ve seen Him provide in so many ways already! So thank you in advance for praying and loving me so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment